Allen White, author of Exponential Groups, generously agreed to answer a few of our questions about his book in the below video! Watch and be inspired to take your small group ministry to the next level.
Interested in listening to a particular question? Here’s an overview of the interview:
- About Allen White: 0:00-0:55
- Who is Exponential Groups’ audience and what is the book about? This question is addressed at 0:56.
- What has made you so passionate about expanding churches’ small groups? 1:30
- What do you think is the biggest factor hindering churches from successful group-making? 2:30
- What advice would you give to someone who would like to start a small group but doesn’t want to be considered its “leader”? 3:08
- What are ways that a church can be creative in its approach to creating groups? 3:41
- What’s the best piece advice you’ve received about small groups? 4:42
- What projects are you working on now or have planned for the future? 5:44
Allen White coaches churches in launching exponential groups. In over 25 years of ministry, he has served on staff at two churches: New Life Christian Center, Turlock, CA (nondenominational) and Brookwood Church, Simpsonville, SC (Southern Baptist) as well as coaching over 1,500 churches across North America. Allen teaches workshops for various churches and organizations as well as workshops for Saddleback Church’s conferences and Willow Creek Canada, and is part of the Small Group Network out of Saddleback Church, which has chapters in all 50 states and many other countries. He holds a B.A. in Biblical Studies and Missions and a M.Div, in Christian Education from Evangel University, Springfield, MO.
For more information about Exponential Groups, visit our website.